Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What's your greatest fear?

The training I went through almost 2 years ago started off one weekend with "What's your greatest fear?" Throughout the 4 months of training you learn to identify that fear and translate it into what you want in your life.  Tonight on the Biggest Loser they featured a song that touched my heart.  My weight has been my problem for about 4 years. MY problem - I have kept it MY problem, keeping the opinion that those who had a say didn't really know me or what I was dealing with and it didn't affect them.  After Rich Atchley's sermon a few weeks ago about how even sinning in private can affect someone, I see how that can be true.  I cheated myself out of opportunities, my friends out of time with me, boyfriends out of who I really am, good moments with everyone.  I let my fear of failure, of rejection, of abandonment drive the way I live my life.  The song featured was called "Walk on Water" by Britt Nicole. Here's a bit of the chorus:

" What are you waiting for? What do you have to lose? Your insecurities trying to hold to you..."

I thought it was incredibly fitting to be on a weight loss show.  What do I have to lose? Fear, insecurities, doubt, bad relationships, the past, baggage - every pound of weight I have to lose stands for something to get rid of to make me into the person God wants me to be.

"You know you're made for more don't be afraid to move, your faith is all it takes...."

"I dare YOU to move..." - Switchfoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment