Monday, April 5, 2010

Life changes - sometimes you can control it sometimes you can't, but its all in your attitude

They say your pay and your relationships are based on your size - I'm starting to believe that - it's like people think because you're overweight you don't care about yourself and as a result won't care about them or the relationship.  I get it. But for once my reasons to lose weight aren't to find prince charming or have sex appeal.  Its for me - to feel healthy, to have more energy, have better skin, and the list goes on.   Recently I joined curves (I said I would right? - how's that for follow through?!) I went every day last week that I could (except for Saturday - I slept too late). I didn't quite push myself, I was still trying to comprehend the fact that I was exercising and yes I did it for 5 days in a row from NOTHING.  So I started their little smart system and I actually pushed myself today. I hit all but 2 of my targets (23/25 - not bad).  It was discouraging to step on the scale sunday and not see results. I mean come on, I worked out every day - shouldn't that count for something? Then I took a good hard look at my eating habits.  "oh." High sodium, high sugar, high fat and almost ALL processed.  The more I studied what I ate the more I wondered, "What's really in this?" And decided it would be better to start cooking more.  So I have.  It has been well over a week since I have darkened the drive thru window for a combo - extra fat included.  I can't say that I miss it.  I did have 2 sodas and the way they made me feel was enough to quit and switch to water.  Even though I'm not where I thought I'd be, I've started making changes. Heck I'm even walking a 5k this weekend! As long as its something different right?  They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting the same results.  I'm proud of the changes I made and I'm finally doing them for the right reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment