Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Food....AND book addict??!

I love books. I love libraries and bookstores and could probably spend a vast majority of time in them.  I have recently become obsessed....well, maybe not quite obsessed, but particularly interested and engrossed in weight management, weight loss, dieting, exercising and the like.  I have 18 books (majority of them purchased in the past 6 months) on dieting, fitness, and exercising, not to mention the countless unread issues of Women's Health and Self. I am worlds worst when it comes to following through on something. I've started approximately half of them and have yet to finish one.  And yes I went out today once I saw the newest Biggest Loser book and bought it.  However I had an epiphany on my way home because I came to this realization that I feel like I never have time to do anything that I want to do.  However I always have time to plop down in front of the couch and watch all my DVR'd shows (and even ones that aren't).  So my goal is not to watch TV tonight, which is fine because nothing is on.  I want to make some progress on my reading and losing weight.  It's like that saying what is most important to you is what you spend the majority of your time doing.  I've started to realize how important losing weight has to become to me to actually see results.  I'm not quite sure what's holding me back from taking that first step and taking a walk around the park, going to the gym in my apartment complex and walking on the treadmill or popping in one of my 6 workout DVDs or going through the books and printouts I have and making a plan. So that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to devote my time and energy to weight loss because my life and health should be the most important thing to me right? If I had made it my priority when I first moved here, I could have lost a significant amount of weight already.  But that's the past right?  I'm going to be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment