Friday, May 4, 2012

Waiting sucks!

Well, I've got the initial consult appt scheduled - June 8. Now the waiting period begins.  I got a call today confirming they got my x-rays. I've got a LOT of paperwork to do before then.  I've talked with my boss to get things rolling in terms of HR and leave and all that.

But what really sucks is when you have to have other people do things for you because you can't do them anymore because of the pain. It feels like you lose a little bit of yourself; your independence and even a little bit of zest for life. Luckily I have amazing friends (and boyfriend) who are helping me through this and an amazing family who is incredibly supportive.  It's going to be a struggle for me to lay down my pride and ask for help when I need it instead of suffering.

2 comments:

  1. When I had my shoulder operated on....I pretty much did nothing for four weeks. One of my best friends at the time actually moved in with me so she could bathe me, clothe me, drive me around, and all that jazz. It's hard to lose your independence, but you realize how blessed you are to still be raised up in the circumstances. I'll be praying for calmness! You'll make it through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! One of my good friends here and my boyfriend have put together a fundraiser to help pay for my surgery. Talk about a blessing! I've had several people offer to help me do things around the house, chores and whatnot and my roommate has offered to take off any time if needed after my surgery. God TOTALLY knew what he was doing when he put the idea in my head to move to Texas!

    ReplyDelete