Sunday, May 6, 2012

Blessings

I am incredibly lucky blessed! After opening up to home church on Thursday night, I have received SO many blessings since. My best friend Shelley, has offered to help me with some housework and washing my hair tomorrow.  She has also been working with my boyfriend Jon to plan a fundraiser to help pay for my surgery! When I was in a LOT of pain last night, Jon prayed over me and read scriptures to me.  I also had several friends join Jon and I in the lounge last night for church since I can't sit in the chairs with the rest of the assembly.  While this may be a very difficult experience, I could not have asked for a better group of friends to support me and encourage me.

This has kind of thrown a kink in my 28 by 28 goals. I know there's still about 9 months left and that's plenty of time to do things, but that all depends on when the surgery is. It's hard to keep a positive attitude when so much of what I want to do is going to be put on hold with this surgery. But it's like Jon said last night, this is all temporary; what I've got to do is look for ways that God's glory can be shown through all this.  That's not easy sometimes. It's a lot easier to throw a pity party and want sympathy from people than to be strong and trust in the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great, and even through the pain your faith is shining through! Love you!

    ReplyDelete