Tuesday, April 20, 2010

In it, to win it

I know its been a while since my last post, I've had several revelations in regards to food, eating, exercise and living a healthier lifestyle.   I watched the move Super Size Me this weekend with one of my skinny friends.  I loved it!! I had watched the "Behind the Scenes" once before in 'baby bio' in college and thought that was enough to keep me from eating McDonald's every now and then (boy was I wrong!!), I watched the movie and wow! There's so much information about how your body works, about calories, about nutrition and everything.  I can truthfully say I no longer want to eat fast food or have soda.  Not just because of the movie, but because I want to know, actually KNOW what is going in my body- not some crap chemical, processed junk,  I'm looking up articles about food, eating, ways to cut back, what I need to make my body function better.  Ever since I started exercising I have noticed a difference in my energy, in the way my clothes feel, in how I can get up from sitting.   I've been keeping track of what I eat, paying special attention to my sodium, fiber and protein- a cliff bar for dinner after a workout satisfies. 

I'm happy that I'm finally doing this for myself.  Not for my parents, not for my friends, not to impress some hormone-driven guy  This is for me and only me to be able to actually LIVE my life- to do stuff to not spend all day cooped up during the summer- I want to be active to play sports, do Frisbee, to look good in a skirt when I sing in front of church. There's so much I want from my life - to do, experience and I know that making this change is setting me up for success in the future, to reach all my dreams and goals and to be able to DEAL with setbacks and challenges without getting stressed.

I'm in it, for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment