Sunday, April 25, 2010

Health and Wealth - are they related?

What a week!  Started off with a bang by getting a flat tire.  But this wasn't just ANY flat tire...this was a flat tire AND a bent wheel...we're talking bent beyond repair, not to mention the ruined wheel cover.   Luckily I had the tire certificates and my tire only cost me $18, but the rim and lug nuts ended up taking $89.19 from my already low paycheck.  Luckily I had planned on $85, but it's going to cut everything EXTREMELY close.   So this whole week I've been thinking about all week - my finances and how much our lives are dependent on our finances.   In an attempt to try and curb eating out I have started keeping every receipt from when I eat out, get starbucks or whatnot to see how much I spend on unhealthy food.  What I found was astounding.  I also did a little test this week, to see how I felt after each time I ate fast food DURING my workout.  I found I lacked energy, didn't meet my targets and tended not to push myself as hard.   I've been trying to remember what life was like when I was skinny (125 pounds) and even then I felt fat.  But I did learn something over the past few days - how much muscle I don't have.  When I have checked my progress after each work out, it shows a pie chart of all my muscles.  ALL have grown except bicep and tricep.  So I know where I need to work and I've always known that I don't have upper body strength, now I just gotta build on it and really work it during the weekends, so my mission is to have gained muscle by the end of next week when I will have my official weigh in at curves.  Stay tuned for the official weigh in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment