Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tomorrow is always a new day

well, the first week of the new year didn't start off so well in terms of my goals. I worked the night shift all week so my schedule was COMPLETELY thrown off which meant I slept most of the day and when I was up, it was late at night.  The only things I did do were (begin to) revive this blog, do Simple Abundance, I did drink more water, I at least started 'Thin Again', and that's about it. Oh and getting up when my alarm went off...but that was usually my internal alarm clock.(does it count that my car has stayed clean for over a month now?? Well, the interior at least...)

When it got to be Friday night and I realized how much I HADN'T done (or started on) I had to take a step back and say, "hey, I'm only human, and it's been a rough week. I will make time for these things next week."  And yes, I did get up when my alarm clock went off this morning (despite being woken up at midnight since I'm on call).

One of the things I love about where I work is all the benefits. Our healthcare provider has a nifty set of tools to help you work on nutrition, sleep, anxiety, weight, and a couple others - I took a couple assessments and I didn't realize how ignorant I was on some of the food choices and how much I ignore the nutrients that my body needs. And granted, it's not always easy to cook healthy for one and eat leftovers all week. (it's made me seriously consider going back to mealbalance) It also opened my eyes to see how unhealthy all of my friends eat. When I took a serious inventory of how many in my group of friends is actually at a healthy weight....its maybe 2 (and granted they're both guys, but they both also have beer bellies) and NONE of us are active. We're taking a road trip to Florida in March and I wanted them all to give some me meal suggestions and I was really quite shocked at how unhealthy many of their preferences were. So friends: beware - not only will we be active when we go to Florida, but we will eat healthy too!! (especially if my parents have anything to say about that!! :))

This coming week I've got lots going on - my sister and I are starting a bible study together: 'So Long Insecurity' by Beth Moore. I'm really excited to do this study with her - we've really grown closer over the past year and I'm thankful my new job has given me these extra days off (who doesn't want a 3 day weekend EVERY week??!) to spend with her and Max. She has also graciuosly volunteered to help me with my closet (#26!!) and tackle my wardrobe.  When it comes to fashion and style I don't have it. I follow a blog called Kendi Everyday and she mixes and matches stuff that I could never do. So I'm thankful to have someone more style-savvy than myself to help me tackle this project.

Despite my crazy schedule I did manage to get a couple things taken care of on my personal to-do list and in the process of feeling slightly more accomplished, I realized there was yet ANOTHER item I should have added on my '28 by 28' list: make a habit of logging my points on weight watchers. (which I did do today) But I guess this is part of what life is all about right? Making the most out of your every day life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to start the study with you too!

    And remember, even when you have setbacks - just keep swimming! (Thanks, Dory. :))

    ReplyDelete