Sunday, January 22, 2012

Don't Stop Believin'

I am happy to report that I did MUCH better on my goals this week. I did cut back significantly on fast food and only had sodas 3 days this past week.

I got a really encouraging email from my sister with regards to my last post - she made the comment about there always being excuses (and coincidentally the theme for the Biggest Loser this season is 'No Excuses').  And I will readily admit I can come up with 50 things I'd rather be doing (and in some cases not doing) than going for a walk. I did check out the rates for the 24 hour fitness just around the corner from my house.  And I still maintain that until I get regular with walking, no fitness center membership or classes will just automatically motivate me to go work out. 

She suggested that I focus on other things before getting into exercising full-force such as getting a doctor.

In terms of the rest of my 28 by 28, I finished my 2 books for this month. I read Courageous and book 1 of the Hunger Games (I was up until 4am reading the Hunger Games!). One of my friends lent me Mockingjay but I need to read Catching Fire first.  On my reading list this year:

Think and Grow Rich
7 Habits of Highly Effective People
The Hunger Games books 2 and 3
The Help
The Vow
Pride and Prejudice
Mansfield Park
Northanger Abby
Sense and Sensibility
Emma
Persuasion
The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
The Great Gatsby
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery (have loved this story since I was a kid, never read the book though)
The Catcher In the Rye
The Grapes of Wrath
Walden
Lord of the Flies
Atlas Shrugged
The Fountainhead
Atonement
Saturday
East of Eden

I could probably up my goal to 3 books a month (the whole purpose was to read more, watch TV less which I am doing, so mission accomplished so far right?).

The closets are still a work in progress, but are getting much closer to being done - my bedroom closet is almost completely done! (there's still my bathroom closet and the guest room closet...but I'm thinking since the guest room closet is shared, there's not much I can do)

The one thing I am finding is that there are so many smaller projects that encompass the large project - for instance - as part of cleaning out the closets that comes getting a sewing basket and organizing that, going through magazines and pulling out pages of recipes/things I like and want to try.

I suppose that's all for today, I can't really think of anything else inspiring me lately.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're making some good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we don't really know eachother, but I know OF you! (I live with Lynn and Mallory.) But! I caught wind of your blog, and I'm a blogging fiend, so here I am. I just finished Hunger Games and had immediately ordered the next two. They're great! Bravo on your workout progress. It's so inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Samantha! :) Hopefully I can meet you next time I'm in Tally (in March!)

    ReplyDelete